Sunday, June 21, 2009

BLOG/A STEP FOR(E)WARD

A blog. What exactly is it?

main entry: BLOG

"a Web site that contains an online personal journal with reflections, comments,
and often hyperlinks providedby the writer; also: the contents of such a
site."

http://www.merriam-webster.com/

According to Merriam Webster, it is described as a diary of sorts, albeit a digitized one, for anyone who chooses to pen down his or her thoughts & reflections and most often, share them with their friends & family as well as anyone in the online world who cares to

According to dear dear Technorati, it has tracked down hundreds and thousands of such personal blogs, peppering the world wide web.

At the very same time, the blog also serves many different other functions, from the mass-marketing of business products and services, to being an easily accessible avenue for the media to broadcast itself to a wider audience and even the promotion of agendas for politicians and activists alike.

What about me then? To me, i see the blog as an avenue to express oneself as an individual. Not much just a personal diary, but a safe haven of sorts where i can do whatever i want, from the colour, detail and structure to the tone and perspective of the content.


But wait, don't i have two blogs before this one? Well yes, but i guess, as we grow up, we change a little, not our entire personality, but perhaps in our thoughts, perspectives and mindset. I decided that i should leave my past behind me as a form memory so that i can always re-visit them just as i had left them, untouched.

I set forth with this new blog on the eve of my 22nd birthday with a renewed purpose. It's a special milestone because to me, 22 is the age where i really embark on my journey through adulthood. I always thought 21 was still a buffer year. I've had my fun, i'll have more fun of course, but perhaps with an added element of maturity.

And as i move towards the next phase of life and through this personal journal of mine, i hope to document all the trials and tribulations as well as the joy and jubilation through my journey in life; each drop of tear, feeling of anguish and moment of laughter, and paint an honest picture of myself so that i can share with the world, my story.

Perhaps, looking back through my penned downed thoughts and memories, over months and even years from now, i will be able to better understand myself as an individual and dictate to the world, who Winston really is.

Without Wax,
W.A.L.

0 comments:

JS-Kit Comments