Monday, June 22, 2009

BIRTHDAY: MY 22ND @ HOME

11.59 AM. One minute to my birthday. It was nice being alone on the eve of my birthday, or so i thought. I had initially planned on holding a party to celebrate my 22nd birthday but decided against it eventually, dinner at grandma's place was good enough. I thought, perhaps, turning 22 was not significant enough but at the eleventh hour, i thought, it would have been nice to have the people i love celebrate it with me.

Happy Birthday Winston!

And then the clock struck twelve. A knock came on the door, i didn't thought much of the coincidence of the timing of the knock, and besides my brother was coming in and out all day. And so, when i came to the door, 'lo and behold, the very people who i had wished were here with me, were magically standing right in front of me. With a cake and a birthday song, i was so shocked by the turn of events that i ended up smiling so hard like a retard that it hurt so badly. I really have no words to describe that moment, but i do have this photo of my reaction when i first opened the door.

My Birthday Surprise

There and then, i realized, you didn't need to have swanky parties or say grand affairs to celebrate your birthdays, all you need are the people who matter to you the most, a cake with candles and that's pretty much it :) The end of the equation.

Cakes And Afters

And so, going into detail, the biggest surprise was when my family and my friends were in cahoots earlier in the day. It was amazing that they could successfully keep such a secret from me. I have this knack of knowing when someone is up to something, that's why i seldom get into situations where i am caught off guard. Here's a photo of them preparing the cake at the dining room just slightly before midnight.

Before The Clock Strikes Midnight

Once again, thank you to the people who made my 22nd birthday a really special and memorable experience. Here are the cunning culprits!

Me And My Family

Me And My Friends

You guys made my day, really :) Thank you.

Without Wax,
W.A.L.

3 comments:

Ed said...

You're welcome :)

Ed said...

ooo upload the photos of ian and your birthday susprise on fb pls

wlumenta said...

wah, you actually use the comment function. And ok, i'll upload them asap, although i look damn chui la!

JS-Kit Comments